Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy birthday

To Me!
My mum says it could have been worse and I could have arrived on Christmas eve. There are some up sides to being born on boxing day. For instance, I never had to go to school on my birthday, I haven't yet had to work on my birthday and boxing day is usually quiet and relaxed and there is no pressure to plan too much which suits me nicely. In the afternoon while the chidren were playing I slipped away into my neighbours garden (whose front garden is mainly filled with veggies) to take pictures of his carrot flowers. They look very much like Queen Anne's lace aka carrot weed but are much sturdier. I have fallen in love with them and hope they last for a bit longer so that I can take more studies of them.

10 comments:

Amy Prior said...

Happiest Birthday Julie!xox see you next year sometime!

Michelle said...

Hope you had a lovely day Julie!

Mel said...

Merry Merry Happy Happy and then ...Happy Happy again! I hope Chrissy, Birthday, New Year and all of 2009 are great for you and yours!

Amber said...

Happy birthday Julie,
I hope you had a lovely peaceful day. My sisters birthday is boxing day too.
Lovely photo's and looks like a special cake..xx

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Ooh, what a great way to spend your birthday! Very best wishes for your very festive season. Love the studies - they're beautiful

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Bird Bath said...

sounds like a lovely day...best wishes for your birthday :)

Leanne said...

Happy belated Birthday from me too....gorgeous photo's.

Catherine said...

Happy belated birthday! These photographs are beautiful.

Julie said...

Thankyou for the warm and lovely birthday wishes x.