Thursday, August 13, 2009

Blue day

A visit to the bay this morning. On the tram down I was imagining cornflower blue seas and pale sand, thinking summer and not winter. At first I was taken aback by the steely grey seas and the shabby sand as mottled looking as this roving dog. My moment of disappointment passed quickly. For many years, in one of the shopping arcade car parks, there was a little 1960's caravan that was permanently parked, and served as a thrift shop. The caravan was always manned by two elderly people at a time, often two women, sometimes a man and a woman, seated on a vinyl bench seat behind what looked like an old breakfast counter. Incredibly quaint and and friendly. I visited another old bay thrift store which doubles as a cafe and has this great deco looking hand painted sign. It was here that I found these sweet little J&G Meakin cups with pretty blue flowers, a memento of a lovely morning.

3 comments:

Kate Moore said...

An op shop that is also a cafe. That could be my dream store.

Chrissy Foreman C said...

Oh I LOVE the old school print on those cups. I picked up a similar print on a plate a few years back from an op shop. Am intrigued by the caravan ~ what a great idea!

Amy Prior said...

I love that caravan! and the ladies there! I found a blue and white little dress there once for Grace its amazing its still there so cool to be reminded of that x